Sunday, June 19, 2016

WSOP 2016: Can't Stop, Won't StopNO Deposit bonus $43

I almost wrote a blog post several days ago. The title?  

"Still early."  

I was heading into Day 2 of the $1,500 8-game event on the WSOP with 100 or so runners still within the event. I USED TO BE happy simply to be still within the event because the WSOP summer had started off very poorly for me. I arrived in Vegas on May 27th and hopped in a $50,000 buy-in one-day event on the Aria. It ended for me in very frustrating fashion, busting in 10th place for no money when eight players got paid. I shook off the loss and got ready for the $300,000 Super High Roller Bowl which might kick off two days later.   jason mercier dog.jpg

The tournament ended up being a protracted three-day grind during which I DISCOVERED myself in great position to make the cash late on Day 3. That is where an issue arose within the tournament. Once we reached nine players, in preference to combining to at least one table of nine, the play was scheduled to continue with one table of 4 and one table of 5. In an try to keep things fair, they might move one player backward and forward every 20 minutes. While it is a decent notion, it doesn't prevent the most important problem deep in poker tournaments (especially in SHR tourneys): stalling.    

A tournament this on the subject of the money for this amount of cash should probably be playing hand-for-hand with 12 or so players left when seven receives a commission. It just kills the structure and makes the tournament unbearable to play when it's advantageous for players to tank and use max time on every decision.    I ended up busting in ninth place after playing three and a half hours with this alternating system. I became the shortest stack and ran kings into Bryn Kenney's aces on the four-handed table to bust out. While I USED TO BE disappointed and upset, I knew that there has been an extended summer ahead. I started the WSOP by playing the $10,000 Stud event and made Day 2, only to bust out after lower than an hour at the second day. I then didn't bag chips within the next eight events I played. That's where I USED TO BE a couple of days ago.

Now, it is a different story. I made a semi-deep run within the $1,500 8-game on Day 2, busting out in 35th, leaving me numerous time to hop within the $10,000 NL 2-7 tournament. This event will be the one to switch my summer. I managed to make Day 2 of this event with around average chips after which bag the chip lead with nine players left going into the overall day.   The final day went in addition to it possibly could. I went heads up against Mike Watson and came out victorious! At the final hand, Mike raised the button to 100k at 25/50k blinds. I called with 8654A and drew one, discarding the ace. He also drew one card. I caught a deuce, which was my nut card making me the most effective hands you'll have on this game. I checked to Watts hoping he would bet so I'LL check-raise. He actually went with a fairly large bet size here firing 200k (almost pot). I DETERMINED to simply opt for it. I moved all in praying for a choice. He deliberated for a minute or two and eventually made the decision!  

jason bracelet 2016.jpg It was such an ideal feeling sitting there knowing that if he called, it'd be "far and wide baby." It was my first bracelet win in that sort of spot. My other three wins were all either all-in at the flop or pre-flop. It was such an adrenaline rush shipping my first gold bracelet of the summer, winning $273,000 in prize money and collecting with reference to $750,000 in side bets. It was a fantastic feeling winning my first bracelet of the summer and my fouth ever lifetime. There has been also the added bonus that winning would also put me in a perfect position to gather on a host of bets I'd made on winning two bracelets with a good shot at three-bracelet wagers, too.   After winning the event, I registered the $10,000 Razz event and made Day 2 again with around average chips. It felt like deja vu on Day 2. I ran so hot, winning crucial pot after crucial pot to make the overall table leading again. There have been eight players left this time going into the overall day, and that i had the chip lead with 32% of the chips in play.    I USED TO BE confident I was going to win my second bracelet in three days and become the primary player ever to win back-to-back $10,000 championship events. The general table went consistent with plan until I bumped into the person that will eventually end my dreams of back to back wins: Ray Dehkharghni.    We played a sexy intense heads up match for a couple of hours by which he got the most productive of me. I came up just short, finishing second place for around $160,000, leaving around $500,000 at the table plus the equity of the three-bracelet bet.    I was disappointed for literally a couple of minutes, after which I had no choice but to come back to the grind. Making these bracelet bets doesn't really provide you with much leeway to skip events. I USED TO BE extremely exhausted after the match, and very just desired to visit bed. However, I jumped within the $10,000 HORSE previous to registration closed. I bagged above average chips with 66 players left going into Day 2. Today? I'm chip leader with 14 left!  I'm really excited my parents get into town tonight. They're here to film my Pokerography episode for Poker Central and sweat me within the HORSE. 

I need to thank all my friends, family, and fans who've been watching, supporting, and rooting me on while I'm in this quest. It means the sector to me!   I know I AM NOT finished. The duty isn't done. There are still such a lot of more big-buy in small-field events left.

Don't be surprised when you see me hoisting another bracelet. #BraceletHunting

Want to play with Jason on PokerStars? Click here to get an account. Jason Mercier is a member of Team PokerStars Pro


slotland 1
Read More... [Source: PokerStarsBlog.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment