Thursday, November 20, 2014

Living alone at the road



I recently got back from LAPT Peru, the last stop of Season 7 of the Latin American Poker Tour. This time I did things just a little differently for my trip to Lima. As opposed to staying within the nearby hotel, I rented an apartment where I stayed alone. It was fun to not be eating room service all the time but instead going to the supermarket and making it a bit of like a house clear of home.

Often I'll travel to tournaments with my girlfriend or with other friends from Mexico, but this time it was just me. That wasn't the unique plan -- my friend Bolivar Palacios was going to stick with me, but he had something arise on the last minute and upon getting to Lima needed to return home.

It was still a fun trip, though. Primarily Event I USED TO BE short-stacked the various way, but I USED TO BE capable of hang on long enough to make the cash. Once the bubble burst I COULD NOT manage a double-up after I needed it, and so went out with a small cash. It was a kind of events where I USED TO BE short for therefore long yet still in a position to survive, I ASSUMED once I BEGAN getting some hands I'd probably be chip leader before long. Nevertheless it didn't happen this time.

c-deleon psteam.jpg

The LAPTs are arrange smartly with side events coming after the principle Event, and normally I'd stick around to play within the High Roller and a few others. But this time I DETERMINED not to, and instead just frolicked for one more day before going back to Mexico.

Now I'm back to preparing for the music festival I wrote about last time, the Tropico festival in Acapulco with a view to be happening in early December. There is a lot of labor to do with the production people and ensuring the sound system for all three stages is working how it should, let alone ensuring all the foods and drinks and everything else might be ready. It will be an excellent time, for sure.

Before that, though, I WILL BE in Brazil for the BSOP (Brazilian Series of Poker) which comes throughout the latter a part of November. I LIKE going to Brazil and the BSOP must be very big this year. My friend Thiago Nishijima -- a.k.a. "The Decano" -- was telling me in Lima that I WILL NOT miss it this year, it will be huge. There's the principle Event, a $10K High Roller, and a $25K Super High Roller as well.

That it will be my last big poker trip of the year, although I'm playing a large number of cash games in Mexico -- including a large number of my favorite new game, Mata Aces -- and playing online so much besides. But if the brand new year comes I WILL BE back at it, going to the PCA in January where the LAPT may be having its inaugural LAPT Bahamas event to kick off Season 8.

Lots of fun times ahead, then. And hopefully a deep tourney run or two to boot to make it much more fun.

Christian de Leon is a member of Team PokerStars Pro


TreasureIslandJackpots
Read More... [Source: PokerStarsBlog.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment