Monday, December 15, 2014

Vanessa Rousso gets match fit



I bring to mind poker as a mental sport. However, as tournaments happen over the process a period of days, I've found that there's actually a robust correlation between physical well-being and my performance.

In 2009, I posed for Sports Illustrated--training for several months leading as much as the photo shoot. Following the shoot, I had among the finest years of my career, earning well over one million dollars. I USED TO BE within the best shape of my life and that i was on the top of my game within the poker world. I DON'T BELIEVE that this was a coincidence.

vanessa rousso wsop 2013.jpg

Feeling good may help you play good

On the flip side, I'VE also noticed that there appears to be a relationship between not taking good care of myself and facing dry spells in relation to my performance on the tables. As I consider my career, I HAVE TO conclude that the style wherein I'M caring for my body plays a robust role in how well I'M ABLE TO perform in poker.

I take a multifaceted way to health. First, making effective life choices that serve to take away stress from the mind, allows my mind to clear the gap that may be necessary for precise decision making.

Secondly, I LOCATE that eating healthily, especially during tournaments, is of maximum importance. I ATTEMPT TO avoid carbohydrates and practice clean eating habits. If I overload on carbohydrates during a tournament I have a tendency to be fatigued from what have been described as "carb crash." Therefore, I ATTEMPT TO eat lean proteins, vegetables, and perhaps some whole grains like oatmeal at the morning before I play. This keeps me energized and upbeat.

Furthermore, maintaining physical fitness by undertaking regular workouts is actually a part of a healthy routine. Personally, I figure out 2-3 times every week and that i find that being in good physical condition has several additional benefits beyond simply helping me play better poker. While I'VE always serious about strength and stamina on the gym, this year I'm changing it up by adding Yoga to the regimen. Yoga builds stamina since you need to hold crazy positions for long periods of time. Yoga also plays a job in body definition, tone, and mental/psychological clarity.

Finally, sleep is one of the most significant determining consider mental acuity. The brain is an organ and it needs sleep with a view to function. I ATTEMPT TO make sure you get a minimum of 8 hours of sleep before I play.

vanessa rousso wsop 2013 2.jpg

Study, sleep, stretch (and party when you win)

I was sitting next to Daniel Negreanu at a table recently and he told me he has made a way of life change this year in relation to how he prepares for tournaments: Daniel has decided to bypass alcohol entirely at the nights before any tournaments that he plays. He was following this guideline throughout the year and it has certainly translated right into a hallmark year when it comes to winnings.

Being physically fit has become a part of the sport on the elite level--and almost every top pro has made lifestyle changes to mirror this. Even if I'VE a hectic schedule, specializing in my health is a top priority that may be as important to me as analyzing hands or practicing regularly online. Let alone that it is not the worst thing to appear good in a bikini!

Vanessa Rousso is a member of Team PokerStars Pro.
WSOP photos courtesy of PokerPhotoArchive.com.




TreasureIslandJackpots
Read More... [Source: PokerStarsBlog.com :: Players]

No comments:

Post a Comment