Wednesday, October 8, 2014

My summer secret weapon



Another summer for me meant another summer in Vegas on the WSOP. I hate trading the great summertime in Europe for the desert heat. I MIGHT far prefer that the WSOP can be in another time of year. Even in May (adore it was originally) could be better than playing in June and July.

It seems to me I always run bad through the first four or five days of the WSOP, once I haven't adapted yet to the local time. Vegas is 11 hours behind Moscow. It's really tough those first few days to get at the right schedule.

I do think that, even supposing I'VE an inclination to run bad those first few days, I'm playing. I FEEL it's easier to conform to special time changes if you are doing something. It's really important in those first few days to not fall asleep too early. Poker helps with that, helps me to get a whole night's rest as quickly as possible.

alex kravchenko wsop 2013.jpg

Kravchenko on his technique to WSOP Event #61 final table ($67,742)

For me, sleep is crucial a part of maintaining focus for the six weeks of the WSOP. It can be crucial for any tournament series, but it's especially important for this kind of long grind like Vegas. I never visit bed later than 2am, even supposing I'm losing big in some cash game and even if the sport may be very soft and i am winning big. There'll always be another game any other day, but if you begin falling behind on your sleep on the WSOP it's tough to catch up.

I play on a daily basis on the WSOP, tournament or cash game. Cash games are a little bit easier because I DO NOT want to are available in early and the money game requires rather less stamina than tournaments do. Plus I WILL BE ABLE TO set my very own schedule about breaks for food or to spend somewhat time with friends.

When I'm in Vegas, I'm there to play. Playing poker really is my passion. It doesn't make sense for me to return to Vegas if I AM NOT going to provide it my all and play up to I can, as many days as I WILL BE ABLE TO. As someone who enjoys swimming and hiking, I WOULD take one or two days off the entire series for somewhat break at Lake Mead or Mount Charleston.
But those days are rare. Besides, who may also be outside for terribly long in that summer desert heat? There have been days in June when the temperature reached 46C in Vegas! Even up on Mount Charleston, the temperatures were still on the subject of 35C. It's impossible to enjoy any time outside when it's that hot.

I'm on the poker table, getting cash and pursuing my passion. Hiking and swimming is often looking forward to me after I come back to Europe after the WSOP is over each year.

Alex Kravchenko is a member of Team PokerStars Pro. Photo courtesy of PokerPhotoArchive.com.



TreasureIslandJackpots
Read More... [Source: PokerStarsBlog.com :: Players]

No comments:

Post a Comment