Friday, September 12, 2014

stevie444 hits Supernova Elite



PokerStars has another Supernova Elite in its ranks. We asked stevie444 to introduce himself to the PokerStars communtiy at large. Here is what he needed to say, in his own words. Oh, and take special note here: He has won greater than 60 World Series seats thus far this yar and will not be capable to play any of them.

by stevie444

I am 19 year old and live in southeast England. Growing up, I'VE always been obsessive about one hobby or another. I used to play golf so much and would play multiple rounds almost each day on school holidays. It was hard playing poker after I started taking it seriously because all of the best tournaments are at night for me, being that i'm five hours sooner than ET. It is a lot better now though, and although there are definitely downsides to sleeping at around 8am to 4pm, I LIKE playing poker for a living and wouldnt change it. I THINK incredibly privileged to be able where I WILL BE ABLE TO make the cash I do at my age simply by playing a game that I REALLY LIKE and traveling around the globe.

I started playing full time after I finished school in July of 2007. I played primarily MTTs and within half a year I USED TO BE ranked 11th on P5s. In December, I took a large number of day without work to hang around with family and play my first live tournament, EPT Prague. I TRULY enjoyed the experiance of playing live and meeting up with other poker players. So, after I got back I played a couple of PCA Step 6 tournaments. I ran pretty good, won a couple of seats, and had a terrific time within the Bahamas. It was such a lot fun. I also managed to win a 1k side event.

During this time I USED TO BE playing a couple of SNGs and realised I USED TO BE making a lot of VPPs. I USED TO BE excited when the stairs came back, because the PokerStars package for PCA was great. I USED TO BE looking ahead to more live events. I also really benefit from the Steps as a result of adrenaline rush you get from being deep in a tournament for many money - that may be some of the reasons I enjoy MTTs and with Steps its just like you begin on the final table, so that you get that rush much more.

Another beauty of the stairs is what number of VPPs you get. I realised pretty quickly that if I played a tight amount of them I'LL achieve SNE. A COUPLE OF months later and i've won more 100 tournament packages from Steps and feature visited the Bahamas, Warsaw, San Remo and Monte Carlo and feature had such a lot fun - the accommodation included within the packages is amazing and the entire experiance is actually one I'D recommend.

I would say collecting VPPs was a large motivation for me to play - especially when running bad and some days ago I crossed the 1 million mark after making 62k VPPs at the first two days of the month way to the double points promo for WSOP satellites. Unfortunately I wont have the ability to use any of my 63 packages until 2010 as a result of my age, but I GLANCE forward to attending a large number of EPTs this year and i am keeping my fingers crossed that PokerStars will run Steps to most of them. I currently play the Step 5 and six events every day along side the most important MTTs.

When I came back from Warsaw it was a Sunday at the day of my return so I MADE UP MY MIND to fireplace up some MTTs and Steps that night, as Sunday is the most efficient day of the week for poker. I WANTED to get straight back directly to my 'American' sleep schedule. I hadn;t had much sleep the night before though and that i was kinda tired from traveling and because the night wore on I got increasingly more sleepy. Eventually at about 5am I had busted all my MTTs and was able to collapse into bed once I had finished the only last Step 6 that I USED TO BE playing. I'LL barely keep my eyes open and 1 tabling wasn't helping. In Step 6 there's a 5 minute break after 1 hour and that i had around 3000 chips once we hit this break which was around 10BBs for after we returned. Anyway I ASSUMED it'd be a good suggestion to rest my eyes in this break and the following thing I remember is waking as much as the message 'Congratulations, you've finished 6th' and several other IM's from confused friends asking me why I USED TO BE sitting out of a Step 6.

I guess dedication comes at a price.


TreasureIslandJackpots
Read More... [Source: PokerStarsBlog.com :: PokerStars VIP Club]

No comments:

Post a Comment