Monday, September 1, 2014

PokerStars 10th anniversary: From toe-dipping to Team Online



10th-ann-thumb.JPGI'd been playing online poker for over a year before I made a deposit on PokerStars. Once I finally did, it was like a breath of unpolluted air. The buyer was sleek and fast. There have been good games going at all times. Better of all, the buyer service team was quick, responsive, and in fact read the e-mails that I sent them!

Cautious individual that I am, I USED TO BE barely dipping my toe within the waters of online poker on the time. I'd had some modest success in both single-table and multi-table tournaments, but I USED TO BE still reluctant to transport up in stakes or keep much money online. The sites I'd been playing on felt more like get-rich-quick schemes than legitimate businesses, so I kept my exposure to a minimum.

PokerStars was the primary place that gave the impression to be in it for the longer term. They'd clearly invested of their product and their personnel. As a result, it gave the impression to be where the entire best players were playing, both those I recognized from TV and the legends of the web poker forums.

I remember sweating Jason "Strassa2" Strasser generally event of the 2005 World Championship of Online Poker. Playing in a $2500 buy-in tournaments myself was the furthest thing from my mind. Little did I DO KNOW that within many years I'd be buying in direct to a web-based tournament with a buy-in four times as large!

I also never imagined that I'd play on this planet Series of Poker, but PokerStars made that happen too. Within a year of making my PokerStars account, I'd had enough success to put aside $3000 for main event satellites. I STOPPED up winning a seat within the second satellite I entered, a $33 rebuy tournament, and before I knew it I USED TO BE representing PokerStars on the biggest tournament within the world!

andrew brokos wsop 33.JPG

By a wierd coincidence (or even not so strange, since he final tables everything), Shane "shaniac" Schleger was also at that final table. He was another one among my heroes from the poker forums, and now most of these years later he and that i are teammates on Team Online.

It was once a large deal to have 100,000 people at the site at one time, and now PokerStars can get twice that many of us right into a single tournament. Up to I liked PokerStars from the instant I joined up, I still never imagined that it could grow within the way that it has, or that I'D grow with it within the way that I'VE. I CANNOT wait to peer where we're going next!


TreasureIslandJackpots
Read More... [Source: PokerStarsBlog.com :: 10th Anniversary]

No comments:

Post a Comment